White labelling is used to integrate the CollabPay app invisibly to your website. Your users will see it as part of your own built-in system, keeping you looking professional.
You can set up CollabPay to send emails from your email address, using your logo and branding. Ensure your logo has been uploaded as described in white label setup.
To setup white label custom emails:
- Login to CollabPay
- Go to “Settings”
- Click on “White label”
- Scroll down to “Custom email settings”
1. Add email address
To customise your email settings:
- Enter the address that emails are to be sent from
- Click “Save”
Domain verification values will be generated.
2. Domain Verifications
The domain verfication values generated need to be copied into your DNS settings. For this tutorial, we are going to be using Cloudflare. The same applies to any other DNS settings, they may just look a little different.
- Open a new tab in your browser
- Log into your domain hosting provider
- Go to the DNS settings for your domain
3. Add the CNAME
There will be a button somewhere saying to “Add new record” or similar. Click it. We will need to create a new record.
For example, on Cloudflare, it will show a blue button like this:
- From CollabPay copy the “Domain verification CNAME”
- Go back to your DNS settings and change the Type to “CNAME”
- In the Name, paste the CNAME you copied
- Go back to CollabPay and copy the “Domain verfication Value“
- Go back to your DNS settings and paste the domain verification value that you copied in the Target (note the example uses Cloudflare for DNS settings)
- Repeat this process for all 3 domain verification CNAME and values that have been generated in CollabPay
4. SPF Record update
Email providers check the SPF record to ensure authenticity. The SPF record needs to be added to your DNS settings. If you already send emails from your custom domain the record may just need to be updated.
- Go to your DNS settings and create a new “TXT” record. Copy in the SPF Name and Value from CollabPay and paste into your new TXT record.
- If you already have an SPF record, please update the content to include that specified by CollabPay
For more information on SPF records checkout this site.
5. Now wait for 10 minutes & click the “Refresh” button again
Note – Some DNS providers will append the domain name to the record make it there twice, e.g. _acme-challenge.partners.aveno.io.aveno.io
Ensure there is only one or setup could fail.
You will need to wait a while for DNS settings to propagate. It’s known that it can take hours, but usually, it’s just about 10 minutes or so.
Please press the “Refresh” button to confirm the connection. You should see the “Pending” icon go to a green “Active” icon once it’s worked.
Now you’re all set up and ready to go!